FREE HEALTH CHECKS TO BE GIVEN AT DONEGAL’S HOMEGROWN FOOD FESTIVAL!

first_imgThe HSE will be undertaking free health checks at the Health and Wellbeing area of Donegal’s much-anticipated HomeGrown Food Festival.Health checks will be carried out at the Homegrown Food Festival.In conjunction with the HSE, the Health and Wellbeing section will also provide information on healthy eating with demonstrations, informational talks, displays and more.Along with the Health and Wellbeing area there will also be an extensive Food Village featuring the best local and national produce. Accompanied by a stellar line up of Celebrity Chefs including Rachel Allen, Paul Rankin, Brian McDermott, Gary O’Hanlon, Ian Orr, Martin Anderson and many more undertaking live cooking demonstrations throughout the two day event. The HomeGrown food festival takes place at the Aura Leisure Centre, Letterkenny on the 12th-13th July.Early bird tickets are on sale now online at www.homegrownfoodfestival.ieYou can also like it on Facebook or follow on twitter.  FREE HEALTH CHECKS TO BE GIVEN AT DONEGAL’S HOMEGROWN FOOD FESTIVAL! was last modified: June 16th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalHOMEGROWN FOOD FESTIVALHSEletterkennylast_img read more

Former Raider Matt Millen grateful for support following heart transplant

first_img“Millen here.”Matt Millen has returned phone messages with the same greeting for years, and Saturday morning was no different.The idea was to reach out to Millen to gain some insight on the Hall of Fame candidacy of his former coach Tom Flores, but also to check in to see how he was feeling five weeks after a heart transplant that saved his life. Millen’s thoughts on Flores were inserted into a story on Flores that posted Friday. It’s safe to say that Millen’s recovery hasn’t …last_img read more

Shamwari bags two top accolades

first_img“The Shamwari Game Reserve team has set out to continuously elevate the guest experience at the game reserve, creating new benchmarks in delivering complete wildlife and hospitality offerings to our guest and travel industry colleagues.” The World Travel Awards, hailed as the “travel industry’s equivalent to the Oscars” by the Wall Street Journal, are described as “the most comprehensive and the most prestigious awards program in the global travel industry” by numerous media reports. “The challenges of green tourism are the responsibility of every company, organization and individual working in travel and tourism today,” said World Travel Awards chairman Graham Cooke. “Unless we play our part now, there is no denying that we will all be held accountable by future generations.” Setting benchmarks In addition, the first World Travel Green Awards were also held in the Caribbean, with Shamwari being voted as the World’s Leading Conservation Company for 2008. Wilson added that Shamwari would continue to maintain the highest regard for the environment, whilst remaining at the forefront of conservation and hospitality in Africa. SAinfo reporter “The survey is truly global in scale, independent and accountable,” said Cooke. “To be awarded the ‘World’s Leading Safari and Game Reserve’ for an eleventh consecutive year and the Green Award acknowledgement is an outstanding achievement,” James Wilson, CEO of Dubai World Africa, a major shareholder of Shamwari, said in a statement this week. South Africa’s Shamwari Game Reserve is in the spotlight again following this year’s World Travel Awards, held in the Turks and Caicos Islands earlier this month, after it was chosen as the World’s Leading Safari & Game Reserve. “Our goal is to continuously set ecological standards and benchmarks in the green tourism industry of South Africa.” Thousands of travel agents and industry members from around the globe vote for winners of the World Travel Awards, which was launched in 1993 to celebrate excellence in the World’s travel and tourism industry. ‘Travel industry Oscars’ 22 December 2008 The nominations of the first World Travel Green Awards were announced at a ceremony held in Popard, Slovakia in October, when 90 organizations were nominated for the global categories of the first World Travel Green Awards. “We are proud of the achievements and commitment made by all and will continue to promote ecologically sensitive tourism and support the local environments through community development projects and conservation of natural and human resources,” said Adrian Gardiner, CEO of the Mantis Group, which owns Shamwari. Would you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See: Using SAinfo materiallast_img read more

IPL 2011: Shane Warne retires from IPL, says won’t play after fourth edition

first_imgAustralian spin legend and Rajasthan Royals captain Shane Warne has announced his retirement from the Indian Premier League (IPL) at the end of the ongoing fourth season. Making his decision public, the 41-year-old cricketer wrote on his Twitter page: “Yes this is my last year playing IPL – please come down and support RR last 2 home games v Chennai & Bangalore! We need your help!” Warne, who quit Tests in 2007 and ODIs in 2005, however said he might continue his association with the IPL team as coach or advisor from the next season. He bid adieu to international cricket after leading the Aussies to a 5-0 whitewash in the 2007 Ashes series. “Next year who knows what or if I will be involved in IPL re mentor/coaching- am focused on doing best for RR,” he tweeted. Warne, who led the Royals to a historic title triumph in the inaugural season said he was hopeful of bidding a winning goodbye to the cash-rich Twenty-20 league. The world’s best leg spinner led the team across the four seasons helping the franchise emerge as a frontrunner in the IPL. With 55 wickets, Warne has played a huge role in Royals’ success show in the league so far. In the current season, he has claimed 11 wickets so far running sixth in the race for the coveted purple cap. His team stands fourth in the points table.last_img read more

Title addict Guardiola retains Premier League with Man City

first_img“I push my staff,” Guardiola said, “and I push myself.”He sets standards on the field that require rivals to raise theirs.ADVERTISEMENT Hontiveros presses for security audit of national power grid Ethel Booba twits Mocha over 2 toilets in one cubicle at SEA Games venue Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting LATEST STORIES Manchester City won its second straight Premier League trophy on Sunday, finishing one point ahead of Liverpool in a thrilling title race and giving Guardiola eight league championships over 10 years in three countries.“Winning the title gives you a lot of energy,” Guardiola said after the clinching 4-1 victory over Brighton, “and is so addictive.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logisticsWinning was become routine for City in a way it never was before the flow of Abu Dhabi sovereign wealth began in 2008.When Sheikh Mansour bought City, City’s only English championships in a history stretching back to 1880 were won in 1937 and 1968. Mavericks say Kristaps Porzingis involved in altercation in native Latvia Now the club that was trampled over for so many years by Manchester United — and had to escape the third tier 20 years ago this month — is the force of English football with four titles in eight seasons. City finished first in 2012 under Roberto Mancini and ’14 led by Manuel Pellegrini, then under Guardiola became the first repeat champion in a decade.Guardiola earned six league titles as a defensive midfielder for Barcelona in the 1990s, the had hat tricks of league titles as coach at Barcelona and Bayern Munich City became the first team to retain the trophy since Manchester United won its third straight in the 2007-08, one of 10 it earned under manager Alex Ferguson.As City flew back to Manchester for a celebration with fans outside its Etihad Stadium, United supporters were reeling from a loss to Cardiff that saw Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side finish in sixth — 32 points behind its neighbor — and without any silverware.City remains on course for an English treble, having already collected a League Cup and preparing for the FA Cup final against Watford on Saturday.“We’ll go and celebrate,” Kompany said, “but we’re also thinking of that next game on Saturday.”Winning isn’t addictive just for Guardiola. PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Manchester City’s Vincent Kompany lifts the English Premier League trophy after the English Premier League soccer match between Brighton and Manchester City at the AMEX Stadium in Brighton, England, Sunday, May 12, 2019. Manchester City defeated Brighton 4-1 to win the championship. (AP Photo/Frank Augstein)BRIGHTON, England — All the strain Pep Guardiola feels during the pursuit of titles becomes worthwhile when a winners’ medal is placed around his neck.It happens a lot.ADVERTISEMENT SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next MOST READ DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Philippine Arena Interchange inaugurated Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess City trailed Liverpool by seven points in late December but won its final 14 games after a Jan. 29 defeat at Newcastle and finished with 98 points, the second-highest total in English history behind its 100 last year. Liverpool, chasing its first championship in 29 years, finished with the highest total for a non-champion.“Liverpool was exceptional, I don’t mean to rub it in, it is what it is, they didn’t deserve to lose,” said 33-year-old City captain Vincent Kompany, who helped maintain the lead last week when his long-range goal in the second half provided a 1-0 win over Leicester. “It makes me so much more happy that we played such a great team all season.”During a 21-minute stretch in the first half at Brighton, City gave up hope to Liverpool supporters at Anfield, about 200 miles (320 kilometers) to the northwest.With both grounds bathed in brilliant sunshine, Sadio Mané put Liverpool in front against Wolverhampton in the 17th minute and a jittery City fell behind 10 minutes later — the first time the champions had trailed in a league game since January.“We heard the Brighton fans singing ‘1-0 to Liverpool’ just at the moment we conceded,” Kompany said.Even when Sergio Agüero leveled 83 seconds after Glenn Murray’s header, City only moved back into top spot when Aymeric Laporte nodded in from Riyad Mahrez’s corner in the 38th minute.It turned out to be the goal that decided the title.But there were still nerves to be eased in the second half. Mahrez netted in the 63rd minute, a rare high point in his first season after joining City in a record 60 million pound (then $80 million) signing in July.There was a stylish conclusion to City’s title defense when Ilkay Gündogan scored from a free kick in the 72nd minute for the team’s 95th goal in 38 league matches.“We were creating chances, finding the gaps, imposing ourselves,” Kompany said. “Though the pitch was slow I felt we were magnificent. We did everything we needed to do in a game such as today.” View commentslast_img read more

Lawyer challenges female military officers story in sexassault case

first_imgHALIFAX – A defence lawyer suggested Tuesday that a female military officer who says she was sexually assaulted initially reported just enough to superiors to cover the fact she slept with a subordinate.The woman has accused military police officer Sgt. Kevin MacIntyre of sexually assaulting her in her hotel room during 2015 Canadian Navy exercises in Glasgow, Scotland.She told a Halifax court martial she repeatedly told him no, but defence lawyer David Bright challenged that during cross-examination Tuesday.He suggested she invited him into her room, and mutually participated in sexual acts.“I suggest you started kissing one another … and you said to Sgt. MacIntyre, ‘I’m not a good kisser’,” said Bright.“No,” the complainant replied. “The only thing I remember is waking up and him touching me.”Bright said the officer had failed to keep text messages that might have been relevant to the case and also washed away blood stains she testified were on the white tank top she was wearing when the alleged assault occurred.“All we have is your recollection given quite a while afterwards,” said Bright, who added the officer also didn’t seek medical attention for bruises and vaginal irritation she said she sustained.She didn’t file a formal complaint until nearly six months after the Sept. 27, 2015, incident, he noted.The woman said she did discuss the alleged incident with her superiors in the days following, but only provided partial detail because she wasn’t comfortable providing more and didn’t want her husband to know before she could tell him.Said Bright: “I’m going to suggest to you … you just told your superior enough to cover you, but your whole purpose was to cover yourself, what do you say to that?”The complainant shot back with a question of her own, asking “Why would I be covering myself?”“Because you did wrong, because you slept with a subordinate,” Bright said.“But why would I come out with that six months after if nobody knew and they didn’t say anything?” she said calmly.During re-examination, military prosecutor Maj. Larry Langlois asked the complainant about testimony where she had expressed concern about her career.She said her experience in the military had taught her to be wary of an “old mentality.”“I was in a man’s world and every time there was a girl coming with sexual assault … they were all talking about her, it was a conversation and it was always her being wrong.”MacIntyre has entered a plea of not guilty.The woman testified Monday she had returned to her hotel room that night in an exhausted state. She said she hadn’t slept for about 36 hours after travelling from Canada and going straight to work in Glasgow on Sept. 26.She told the court martial that she didn’t scream or yell during the alleged assault, but told MacIntyre “No,” as she was forced to continually remove his hand from her lower extremities “10 to 15 times.”She said he eventually penetrated her. The complainant said she believes she “just froze.”The trial’s second witness Tuesday, the complainant’s immediate superior, told court she was with MacIntyre in the woman’s hotel room after a night of socializing and drinking.She said neither she nor the complainant were heavily intoxicated, registering about a five on a scale of one to 10, although MacIntyre seemed to have had more over the evening and was “about a seven.”She said at one point MacIntyre was on the bed next to the complainant and she remembers him stroking her hair although it wasn’t in a sexual way.She said they later left the complainant and returned to their rooms after she fell asleep.Earlier Tuesday, Bright asked about her statement to police in which she expressed confusion about exactly what happened that day.“Did you say to the police ‘I don’t know. Did I do something? Did I make him come behind me and have sex with me?’”The complainant confirmed she said that to police, and Bright asked her why.“Because I don’t know what happened between the time he left the room and the time I woke up with him touching me 20 times,” she said.Bright also took issue with testimony that she couldn’t eat in the weeks following the incident, producing an Oct. 11 Facebook photo showing her sitting before a large plate of food during “high tea” at a Glasgow restaurant.The complainant, whose identity is protected by a publication ban, said she took the photo to reassure her family back home that she was well during her trip and that she actually ate very little that day.last_img read more