BUFFALO, New York – Rocker Jon Bon Jovi is part of a Toronto group that has retained a banking firm and submitted paperwork expressing interest in buying the NFL’s Buffalo Bills, three people who have reviewed documents regarding the sale process told The Associated Press.It is unclear if the group would eventually want to move the team across the border to Toronto, which would give Canada its first team in the National Football League. The club is on the market after Hall of Fame owner Ralph Wilson died in March.The three people spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because the process is private and the Toronto group has not revealed its intentions.The group includes Larry Tanenbaum and the Rogers family. Tanenbaum is Chairman of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, which controls the NHL’s Maple Leafs and NBA’s Raptors. The Rogers family includes Edward Rogers, who is Deputy Chairman of Rogers, the Toronto communications giant.The group is on a list of prospective buyers who have submitted a nondisclosure agreement form to Morgan Stanley, the banking firm overseeing the Bills sale. The Toronto group has retained the Goldman Sachs banking firm to assist in the bid.Bon Jovi previously expressed interest in owning an NFL franchise but never specifically mentioned the Bills. This is the first real indication linking him to Tanenbaum and Rogers.One of the people confirmed that Bon Jovi discussed his interests during a restaurant meeting last month with NFL Commissioner.The Bills most recently were valued by Forbes at $870 million. They are projected to be sold for at least $1 billion, partly because NFL teams rarely go on the market.The team is essentially locked into playing at Ralph Wilson Stadium through the 2019 season because of a strict nonrelocation clause included in a 10-year lease agreement reached with the state and county in December 2012.The Bills would incur a $400 million penalty by even broaching the prospect of moving during the lease’s term. There is a one-time exception that would allow the Bills to break the lease for just under $28.4 million in 2020.Of about 60 nondisclosure forms sent out by Morgan Stanley in June, at least 10 of have been returned, two of the people said. Among those also listed as returning their forms are Buffalo Sabres owners Terry and Kim Pegula and New York City real estate mogul Donald Trump.The forms were required in order for prospective bidders to gain access to financial and background information on the franchise to begin formulating their bids.The next step is for prospective bidders to submit another set of forms — including their own financial information — by July 29 to gain more access to the Bills’ financial information.One of the people said Morgan Stanley has informed prospective buyers that the Bills made just under $30 million in net profits last season. And Morgan Stanley projects that number will double by 2019 as a result of the NFL’s TV contract, current renovations taking place at the stadium and other potential local sources of income.(JOHN WAWROW, AP Sports Writer)TweetPinShare0 Shares
Sampdoria president Ferrero insists no-one will be soldby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveSampdoria president Massimo Ferrero insists no-one will be sold this month.Samp are just three points off the top four.“After the game, on the bus, I congratulated all the players,” Ferrero told Il Secolo XIX.“I told them I was proud of how they face the Bianconeri. The fans can be calm, I won’t sell anyone. The base of the group is strong and united, it will remain.“At the most we’ll see if there’s an opportunity to bring in someone promising, like in recent years.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Silva safe as Everton defeat West Hamby Paul Vegas6 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveEverton eased the pressure on manager Marco Silva with an impressive win over disappointing West Ham United at Goodison Park.Silva is fighting to ease doubts over his future after four straight Premier League defeats plunged Everton into the relegation zone – but this was a vastly-improved, excellent display to earn three vital points.He made five changes from the side that lost at Burnley and was rewarded with a piece of individual brilliance from recalled Brazilian Bernard, who tricked his way into the West Ham area before beating keeper Roberto Jimenez with a clever finish after 17 minutes to set Everton on their way.Everton had numerous opportunities to extend their advantage but Roberto produced a succession of fine saves, especially from Tom Davies and Alex Iwobi, while Richarlison hit the woodwork. It was in stoppage time that second-half substitute Gylfi Sigurdsson, dropped for the first time since he became Everton’s record £45m signing in summer 2017, ended any doubts about the outcome with a magnificent 25-yard rising right-foot drive.Everton attacker Theo Walcott said at the final whistle: “The game felt like we need to start taking our chances, we had so many. It showed how good we can be going forwards. We know the quality in the team, we know what to expect from each other.”The fans were fantastic today, but then they always are. The sense of urgency was what we needed.”
Story Highlights “We would like to expand the coffee industry so that the pharmaceutical industry, the beauty and cosmetic sector and gastronomy will look to the hills of East Rural St. Andrew as the source of sustenance,” she said. Mrs. Holness was speaking at the press launch of the Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee Festival at The Jamaica Pegasus hotel in New Kingston on January 23. Member of Parliament for East Rural St. Andrew, the Most Hon. Juliet Holness, says coffee farmers in the area are looking at various options to expand the industry. Member of Parliament for East Rural St. Andrew, the Most Hon. Juliet Holness, says coffee farmers in the area are looking at various options to expand the industry.She noted that there is understanding among the farmers that “beans alone will not cut it and they have to explore various options for the product”.“We would like to expand the coffee industry so that the pharmaceutical industry, the beauty and cosmetic sector and gastronomy will look to the hills of East Rural St. Andrew as the source of sustenance,” she said.“We’re (also) expanding knowledge around the use of intellectual property safeguards, so that our associated brand and its value are not lost in the process,” she added.Mrs. Holness was speaking at the press launch of the Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee Festival at The Jamaica Pegasus hotel in New Kingston on January 23.The three-day event, from March 23 to 25, will be held at the Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) training ground in Newcastle.Mrs. Holness noted that the farmers of East Rural St. Andrew, where a large amount of coffee is cultivated, are looking forward to the event.“The farmers are serious about the reputation of the Jamaican coffee, the taste of our coffee and the sustainability of our coffee for our people,” she added.Meanwhile, Chairman of the Jamaica Coffee Exporters Association (JCEA), Norman Grant, said his organisation views the festival as very timely and as a perfect fit for the expansion of the industry.He said statistics from the Coffee Industry Board (CIB) indicate that the local industry was estimated to value between US$50 million and US$60 million in 2017.He commended the Ministry of Tourism, as well as the Linkages Network, for “taking on this project so we can share this superb coffee story that began in (Jamaica) in 1728”.“It will be our task (JCEA) to pursue market development and diversification, product expansion and proliferation, as well as brand development and positioning, to proudly take the world’s best coffee, the Jamaica Blue Mountain… (globally),” he said.During the coffee festival launch, Tourism Minister, Hon. Edmund Bartlett, presented Mrs. Holness with a 2017 Report on The Development of the Berry Industry in Jamaica.Mrs. Holness, in turn, presented the Tourism Minister with a box of strawberries from farmers in her constituency.The coffee festival is expected to bring together local and international coffee connoisseurs, coffee suppliers, foodies and other interested parties.The main target markets are local and regional, with emphasis on the Cayman Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, and Barbados. At the international level, emphasis will be placed on the United States, United Kingdom, Europe and Canada.Among the festivals features are business development workshops for farmers and a culinary trail.Other stakeholders in the staging of the event include the Ministry of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries, and the Rural Agricultural Development Authority. (RADA).
Ernesto Valverde believes his team is extra motivated to win the Champions League, as they bid to end their barren run since 2015.The Spanish Champions were dumped out of the competition in the Quarter-final stage by Roma but Valverde thinks they have the right mindset to enjoy European success once again.“We would like to win this competition, and surely this feeling is being felt by other teams too,” he told a pre-match press conference.”Teams like Atletico Madrid, Valencia, Manchester City and Real Madrid all have the same desire, yet I like that there is an extra motivation to win the Champions League this year.”Many pundits have tipped Barca to win the tie PSV, however, Valverde is wary of their attacking talents.Quiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.“They are the Dutch champions and are used to taking the initiative,” he said.”I don’t see them changing that. Most teams want to maintain their style. They will want to attack and we are going to have to defend well against them.”We try to play the same way every game and we will try to do the same again tomorrow.”They have some very talented wingers, especially on the left. They have some very good full-backs as well, and we have to deal with that regardless of who plays for us.”
Manager Gennaro Gattuso believes that Suso deserves a contract extension at AC Milan based on his contributions to the team.Since arriving from a lacklustre spell at Liverpool in January 2015, Suso has emerged as one of the most exciting midfielders in the Serie A.In light of this, the four-time Spain international had been linked with a return to Liverpool along with a switch to Tottenham in the Premier League last season.Suso is contracted at Milan until June 2022, but has continued to be of great interest to rival clubs with reports stating that he’s got a €40m release clause.And now Gattuso hopes the Rossoneri board will award his star playmaker with a deserved new contract.“My job is to coach, I am not an agent or a sports director. He deserves a contract renewal, but it depends on the management,” said Gattuso on Twitter.“There is great respect for Suso and he is contributing a lot to the team.Lukaku backed to beat Ronaldo in Serie A scoring charts Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Former Inter Milan star Andy van der Meyde is confident Romelu Lukaku will outscore Cristiano Ronaldo in this season’s Serie A.“He immediately made himself available after coming back from a leg injury [in January].”Suso has managed six goals and eight assists in 26 appearances across all competitions for Milan this season.Gattuso’s side will now turn their attention towards Saturday’s visit to Atalanta in their Serie A match, where they hope to grab victory to hold on to fourth-place in the table.And the Milan coach warned his players that nobody is “untouchable” when it comes to a spot in his starting line-up.“We are doing well and we must keep this up,” said Gattuso.“I don’t like to talk about untouchables, as every player must fight for their place. Important teams are born out of respect, I like the fact that different players are starting to take responsibility both on and off the pitch.The Atalanta and Milan game will begin at 8:30 PM (CET) on Saturday.MILAN, ITALY – FEBRUARY 10: Krzysztof Piatek (2nd L) of AC Milan celebrates his goal with his team-mates during the Serie A match between AC Milan and Cagliari at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza on February 10, 2019 in Milan, Italy. (Photo by Marco Luzzani/Getty Images)
The leased lands are not only close to the pipeline, but allow companies to tap into two new prospects, the Nanushuk and Torok formations. Alaska Bureau of Land Management associate state director Ted Murphy pointed out that it is important to note that the further west you travel in the NPR-A the less infrastructure there is to support development. All of the leases sold adjoin current leases. Balash, who served as served as chief of staff to Senator Dan Sullivan and Natural Resources Commissioner under Governor Sean Parnell, had previously fought for an Alaska-led plan to allow modern seismic studies in ANWR. T ConocoPhillips and Anadarko, jointly bid on a total of about 80,000 acres, building upon the new Willow oil discovery made within NPR-A, and announced a year ago. During Balash’s tenure, the state filed a claim requesting the transfer of 20,000 acres in ANWR from the federal government to the state of Alaska. The BLM rejected the claim, and now Balash could have the power to overturn such a decision. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The U.S. Senate confirmed Alaskan Joe Balash to a top position at the Interior Department on Thursday, serving as assistant secretary for land and minerals management under Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke. While only seven of the 900 leases offered in the NPR-A were sold, causing strong discussion on the value of opening less accessible ANWR, it’s important to recognize that the short window between the announcement that the properties would be available and the actual lease offered minimal opportunity for planning and resource allocation for the bidders. During Balash’s Senate confirmation hearing, he pledged to work on speeding permits and allowing responsible drilling and mining, and improve recreational access to federal lands. Story as aired:http://www.radiokenai.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Dorene-on-Alaskan-appointed-to-top-position-at-interior-department.mp3
The Bombay High Court on Friday asked Nestle India and the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) to retest Maggi samples, raising hopes of some relief for the popular noodles maker. “Both the parties may consider retesting the fourth part of Maggi samples in 5 labs that both agree to,” CNBC-TV18 quoted the court as saying.In its argument, Nestle had told the court that it “had retained 750 crates of Maggi noodles.”Nestle India share was trading at Rs 6,325, up almost Rs 24, or 0.26%, at 3 pm on Friday at the Bombay Stock Exchange.On 5 June, the food safety regulator had ordered Nestle India to recall all available stocks of Maggi noodles after finding harmful levels of lead and monosodium glutamate (MSG) in tested samples.The Maharashtra State FDA had said that it “cannot consent to re-testing the samples retained by Nestle as it is apprehensive that the samples could be doctored.”The company had filed a case in the court challenging the ban imposed by the FSSAI on its flagship brand Maggi.Recently, the court has allowed the company to export Maggi noodles, currently banned in several states in the country.The next hearing of the case will be on 3 August.Following a ban on its popular Maggi noodles, Nestle India has witnessed its first quarterly loss in 17 years.The company posted a loss of Rs 64.4 crore in the June 2015 quarter compared to a profit of Rs 288 crore in the same period last year.Experts believe that issues related to Maggi noodles recall and ban are likely to be settled in the coming three to six months.
The Asus Eee Top comes in two versions with the ET1602 and the ET1603. Inside the Asus Eee Top ET1603 a discrete ATI Mobility Radeon HD3450 is responsible for more graphics power, as compared to the ET1602, which enables the system to run graphically-intensive 3D applications and games more fluidly. Even though the Asus Eee all-in-one desktop has touch-sensitive screen, it still comes bundled with keyboard and mouse.Setting up the Eee Top is as easy as taking it out of the box and plugging it in. This system is also the perfect computer for beginners. It features an exclusive Easy Mode within Windows that makes commonly-used applications easily accessible. With its sharp and vibrant widescreen (16:9) LCD, the Eee Top becomes the perfect Media Entertainment Center. Asus´s patient Splendid Video Intelligence Technology renders the video display with a vivid and clear image regardless of environmental lighting and SRS technology works in tandem with the Eee Top´s built-in high fidelity speakers to deliver crystal clear audio.The Eee Top touchscreen PC is first to ship in Taiwan, Hong Kong and the UK. In 2009 Asus is also adding larger screen models with 20- and 22-inch Asus Eee Top PCs. There is no information yet as to when these PC´s will be available in the US. Mini-PC-Pro Reviews ASUS Eee Top PC in a live demonstration. © 2008 PhysOrg.com (PhysOrg.com) — Asus has just revealed their 15.6-inch Eee Top touchscreen PC that is powered by an Intel Atom processor N270 (1.60GHz) and Intel 945 GSE core-logic with built-in graphics core. The system features a 160GB hard drive, 1GB of RAM, 4-in-1 card reader, integrated camera, Wi-Fi 802.11n controller and Windows XP Home operating system. Explore further Cute, efficient Eee Top looks like future of home computing Citation: ASUS Eee Top Touchscreen PC’s Coming 1H 2009 (2008, November 25) retrieved 18 August 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2008-11-asus-eee-touchscreen-pc-1h.html This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.
DERRY CITY AND STRABANE DISTRICT COUNCILELISHA MCCALLIONFleadh Cheoil na hÉireann to come back to DerryFoyle MPSinn Fein “And I hope to be able to update on progress within the coming months.“Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann was undoubtedly the stand-out event of a tremendous year in Derry as part of the City of Culture Celebrations.“More than 430,000 people attended the Fleadh making it the biggest and best Fleadh held in the long history of Comhaltas Ceolteoirí Éireann.“It celebrated our rich cultural and musical heritage in an inclusive way that showcased everything that is great about Derry. Thousands thronged Shipquay Street during the Fleadh in 2013SINN Féin’s Elisha McCallion says she convened a meeting in the city earlier this week to discuss ongoing work to try and secured the return of Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann to Derry.Said the Foyle MP: “I convened a useful meeting with representatives from Comhaltas, Maeve Walls – DfC, An Chulturlann representatives, DCSDC officers and party colleague Sandra Duffy to discuss ongoing work aimed at securing Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann for Derry. “There is no doubt that 2013 was the best Fleadh ever so we are all very determined in our efforts about bringing the Fleadh back to Derry.“This meeting is part of our ongoing efforts to secure the return of the Fleadh and I will continue to meet with key stakeholders to work towards that goal,” added the former Mayor of Derry.Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann to come back to Derry was last modified: January 31st, 2019 by John2John2 Tags: ShareTweet