“If the closest relatives cannot take care of them, the children must be adopted by another family, or put under the state’s custody if no one can take them,” Retno went on to say.Citing data from the United States’ Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Coordinating Political, Legal and Security Affairs Minister Mahfud MD previously said that some 689 Indonesians had been identified as IS sympathizers in Syria and Turkey, as well as other countries.Read also: Why Indonesia should bring IS families back homeAccording to the data, some 228 people still hold identification as Indonesian citizens while others do not have proper documents to prove their citizenship. Indonesian authorities have previously suggested that most of the Indonesian IS supporters were women and children. While asserting that the government banned Indonesian affiliates of IS from returning to Indonesia, President Joko “Jokowi” said the government was mulling a plan to bring home orphans under 10 years old.“But so far we still don’t know if there are any,” Jokowi said recently.Retno expressed appreciation for the President’s willingness to bring orphans back to Indonesia, but criticized his decision to limit the age to those under 10 years old.“According to the 2014 law on child protection, anyone below the age of 18 is considered a child,” Retno said. (hol)Topics : The government must decide who will take care of the orphaned children of Indonesian nationals who joined the Islamic State (IS) movement in Syria when they return to Indonesia, the Indonesian Child Protection Commission (KPAI) has said.“The government must decide who will get custody of these children when they arrive in Indonesia,” KPAI commissioner Retno Listyarti said on Friday, as quoted by kompas.com.She added the government was obliged to put the children in the custody of their closest relatives according to Government Regulation (PP) No. 44/2017 on foster care for children.
He worries about his prospects if the quarantine is not lifted soon.”I still receive a full salary now, but it can’t go on forever… If our boss lacks income, he won’t be able to pay for so many workers.”As China reeled under the virus that has now killed more than 2,900 and infected some 80,000 nationwide, online searches for “unemployment” and “layoffs” spiked from January to February, noted Nomura economist Lu Ting.He estimates China’s business resumption rate to be around 45 percent, if sectors like government, finance, healthcare and residential utilities are excluded. But many remain stranded.Hu, for one, cannot leave his family’s house in Dayan Township in central Hubei province, the virus epicenter that has been under virtual lockdown since late January.He and his family can only buy necessities on designated days by giving orders over the phone to a community representative, he told AFP.”The choice of goods is much more limited… And it’s harder to buy things like English books for my child,” added Hu, 39, whose 10-year-old son is now taking classes online. China’s coronavirus epidemic turned a Lunar New Year family reunion into an enforced quarantine for factory worker Hu Aihua, trapping him at home and preventing him from returning to his job. He is one of China’s 290 million rural migrant workers and many like him are mired in uncertainty, confined to their homes since late January, worried about a prolonged absence from work.As new infections fall nationwide authorities are encouraging companies to get back to work, with some local governments even chartering buses, trains and planes to pick up employees. ‘We can’t leave’ Only about half of the 600 or so workers at Hu’s employer, Jiangxi Jieneng Group, have resumed work owing to difficulties returning from outside the province.But this does not mean lower expenses.”There are overheads we have to pay… such as water, electricity and workers’ salaries,” said general manager Xu Hang.The cost price of non-woven cloth, which the manufacturer uses in the hygiene products it makes, has risen 10 percent.It also set aside resources for a new mask production line in the battle against the virus.Xu said the firm has taken a 10 million yuan loan ($1.43 million) to temporarily ease the financial pain.Even some workers outside Hubei are finding it hard to return to their jobs.Factory worker Liu Zhishuang, 28, has been cooped up at home with his family in eastern Anhui province for almost a month.”We can’t leave,” he said. “Public transport and railways are not operating.”Since early February, only one person from his family has been allowed to leave their home at a time — and that for only two hours every two days.Zhang Hongwu, 29, who returned to visit his family in Henan province has been unable to return to his job near Shanghai due to travel restrictions.”I won’t be going back [to the company],” he told AFP, adding that he is now looking for work in another city, where restrictions are not as tight. ‘Nothing but weight-gain’ Some companies have offered cash incentives to lure local hires, with iPhone-maker Foxconn offering local applicants in Sichuan province a bonus of 3,750 yuan ($540).Hu’s employer is offering 20 percent more in cash incentives, with up to 2,000 yuan for successful referrals.Binhai New Area in Tianjin municipality arranged for 150 large buses to help staff outside the province return to work, said state news agency Xinhua.Authorities in the eastern city of Hangzhou paid to send trains to go and pick up workers, while Jiashan county’s government forked out for chartered flights, according to state media CCTV.Not everyone, however, can marshal such resources.Shi Minxin, general manager at Haojun Automation Equipment Technology east of Shanghai said with public transport disrupted, some staff had to drive themselves back to work.One commuted from as far as Chongqing, which is about 1,600 kilometers.When they arrive, they must self-quarantine for several days, Shi added.Sales at his firm have fallen 80 percent because of the epidemic.He is not alone: China’s manufacturing activity fell to its lowest level on record in February.While the company — which makes molds — has resumed 80 percent of production since resuming work in February, it has been a slow recovery.Shi expects operations will only return to normal — at about 95 percent capacity — by March 10.For workers like Liu in Anhui back to normal can’t come quickly enough. “I feel very helpless. I want to go out, but I can’t,” he said.”There’s nothing at home except weight-gain.” Topics :
German young gun Alexander Zverev stormed into his first Grand Slam semi-final on Wednesday, rallying from a set down to shatter the dreams of veteran Stan Wawrinka at the Australian Open.Advertisement The seventh seed was thumped in the first set but recovered to grind down the 2014 champion 1-6, 6-3, 6-4, 6-2 in hot sun on Rod Laver Arena. He will face either world number one Rafael Nadal or Austrian fifth seed Dominic Thiem in the last four, with a final beckoning against Novak Djokovic or Roger Federer.“It feels awesome,” said Zverev who has been donating $10,000 for each win at Melbourne Park to Australian bushfire relief, and will even hand over the Aus$4.12 million ($2.78 million) winner’s cheque if he clinches the title.“I’ve done well at other tournaments and in other matches but could never break that barrier in Grand Slams. You can’t imagine what this means to me.“It hope it will be the first of many.”Big things have been tipped for Zverev since he burst into the top 10 in 2017, but until now the 22-year-old has not fully delivered, slipping down the rankings last year to seven from four at the start of the season.But after a poor build-up to the year’s opening Major at the ATP Cup, where he lost all three matches, he worked hard on the practice court and has been in fine touch to finally make a Grand Slam last four at his 19th attempt.His serve, a key focus of his extended practices, was a weapon once again against 34-year-old three-time Grand Slam champion Wawrinka.He fired 13 aces against just one double fault, with a first-serve percentage of 80 percent.– Crunching groundstrokes –It was Wawrinka who came out of the blocks firing, putting immediate pressure on the Zverev serve, getting his returns back to break straight away when the German netted a half-volley.Zverev won just four points in the opening three games as he struggled to get the measure of Wawrinka, and he was broken again when he shanked a forehand high into the crowd.The German finally held to get himself on the scoreboard but the Swiss was moving and serving well, unleashing some crunching groundstrokes to take the set in just 24 minutes.Zverev needed to hold his opening serve in the second set to halt the Wawrinka juggernaut and he rose to the occasion, with his court coverage and groundstrokes raising a level. Loading… Read Also: Aussie Open: Injured Federer saves seven match points in stunning comebackIt went with serve until game eight when Wawrinka drilled a forehand into the net and Zverev screamed ‘C’mon’ after his first break of the match, serving out for the set.A resurgent Zverev rammed home his advantage with an early break in the third set before the wily Swiss hit back. But a poorly executed drop shot again handed the 22-year-old another break and he raced to a two sets to one lead.Wawrinka, who beat Rafael Nadal in the 2014 Melbourne final, was out of fight and Zverev had him dancing to his tune as he raced to victory, ending the popular Swiss star’s bid for a first Slam semi since Roland Garros in 2017.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?The Best Cars Of All TimeIt Looks Like An Ordinary Doughnut, But It Glows In The Dark!7 Mind-Boggling Facts About Black Holes10 Phones That Can Work For Weeks Without RechargingA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do
Organizers are considering changing kick-off times for the FirsTrust GHALCA 6 tournament after the opening day was disrupted by floodlight hitches.The second match on Tuesday was delayed as both Hearts of Oak and Aduana Stars had to wait for close to an hour after the lights went off on the 13th minute.Despite the match ending successfully, GHALCA and their sponsors agreed on changing kick-off times for rest of the tournament matches to avoid subsequent power problems.First matches were to kick-off at 4pm and second matches to kick-off at 6:30pm everyday but due to inconsistent power at Essipong Stadium first matches of the tournament have been confirmed to kick-off at 1:30pm and the other at 3:45pm.The change in kick-off times have affected following matches of the FirsTrust GHALCA Six tournament:Day 2 Match 1 – 8th January, 2016 Asante Kotoko vs. Berekum ChelseaKick-off at 1:30pmDay 2 Match 2 – 8th January, 2016Hearts of Oak vs. Medeama SCKick-off at 3:45pm Day 3 Match 1 – 9th January, 2016Aduana Stars vs. Medeama SCKick-off at 1:30pmDay 3 Match 2 – 9th January, 2016Ashanti Gold vs. Asante Kotoko Kick-off at 3:45pmDay 4 Finals – 10th January, 2016Kick-off at 3:45pm.–Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySports