Archbishop Diarmuid Martin has given the biggest hint yet that Pope Francis could come to Ireland in the next two years. Ireland hasn’t had a papal visit since the late Pope John Paul II visited Ireland in 1979.However, Archbishop Martin has revealed that Pope Francis has admitted he ‘would love to come to Ireland’ and admitted he may visit our shores in 2018. “I am very hopeful that he will come,” Archbishop Martin told reporters on Saturday at the official launch of the World Meeting of Families, which the Irish Church will host in August 2018.Pope Francis personally chose Dublin as the venue for the 2018 event and the theme of the gathering is ‘The Gospel of the Family: Joy for the World’.Last Friday, Taoiseach Enda Kenny said Archbishop Martin had informed him of the Irish bishops’ invitation to the Pope.In Brussels, Mr Kenny said if Francis accepted the invitation, he had assured Archbishop Martin that “the Government would respond appropriately, would welcome Pope Francis, and would make all the arrangements to treat him in a proper and respectful manner as befits his position as the head of the Catholic Church”. Papal visit to Ireland looks likely according to Archbishop was last modified: October 24th, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
The Humboldt Crabs open their 75th season of baseball Friday night and the 2019 schedule features all the usual suspects — including a couple of series against the PUF Caps, a matchup which created some of the most memorable games of last season — and for the first time ever, an away game at the Humboldt B52s.The Crabs, which remain the oldest, continuously-operated, collegiate, independent, wood-bat summer baseball team in the country, will play 49 games this summer after going 37-10 last …
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The D.C. Court of Appeals last week ruled the Occupational Safety and Health Administration violated the Occupational Safety and Health Act when it issued an enforcement memorandum on July 22, 2015, redefining the “retail facility” exemption to the Process Safety Management Standard.The Agricultural Retailers Association (ARA) and The Fertilizer Institute, which brought the suit to court, are pleased with the decision.“OSHA made a bad decision in regulating ammonia in response to an ammonium nitrate incident, and the agency made that decision incorrectly,” said Daren Coppock ARA President & CEO. “Although ARA could only challenge on the procedural point and not the decision itself, we’re still very pleased to see the Court rule in our favor and to provide this relief to our members.”Ag retailers are exempt from PSM until OSHA completes a notice-and-comment rulemaking process regarding PSM, which could take several years to finalize. ARA is currently reviewing the court’s decision and will provide additional analysis once our assessment is complete. For now, retailers can celebrate a victory on the legal front.“It’s a big win. Given the significant economic costs and absence of any safety benefit, the court made the correct decision,” said Harold Cooper, ARA Chairman. “The retail exemption has been in place for more than 20 years and OSHA should not have redefined it without an opportunity for stakeholders to comment.”Cooper said this could have easily gone another way.“As an industry, ag retailers tend to be complacent about regulations that come our way. We keep our heads down and do what’s required,” he said. “But this rule would have limited farmers and retailers options through an agency’s improper regulatory overreach. Thankfully, ARA was uniquely prepared and positioned to defend our industry. They gave us a vehicle to fight and win this battle.”
APTN National NewsThe Native Women’s Centre in Hamilton has been forced to make the tough decision to close its transitional housing program.Now, it is scrambling to find housing for its clients.APTN’s Delany Windigo has this story.