His advice is not an uncommon cry and for the Dominican Community which is said to have at least 4,000 registered in country, Hernandez said this is a huge loss for them, but not just for them but for the Turks and Caicos. He added, “The TCI is a high class tourist destination, but if things continue going in the current direction, we will lose everything…” The Assistant Consul for the Dominican Community, Edwin Hernandez called the surge in killings, scary. “if the relevant authorities don’t put a handle on this type of crimes, it will come to a point where it will be totally out of hand and will be impossible to control crime.” Juan Carlos Morla was shot reportedly at point blank range in an armed robbery shortly after 3:30pm on Friday October 7, 2016 in an area officially known as Times Square… steps away from two very popular family eateries and steps away from the Public Library. Morla worked in construction in the TCI. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Hernandez pleaded with authorities, and said as a citizen he believes it is high time the authorities respond also with better, stronger cases that they can win in the courts. I quote him again, “..please give the general public an answer, but not just saying who they believe did it, but bringing those guilty before the courts with sufficient evidence to secure a conviction.” Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, October 13, 2016 – Four Dominicans are dead this year at the hands of cold-hearted criminals and that community is saddened by losses. Two women, whose suspect is behind bars awaiting a sufficiency hearing set for next month so that the double homicide trial can begin and two men; both gunned down in separate instances of armed robberies. Police confirm that the 27 year old killed in down town Providenciales last week was Juan Carlos Morla. Related Items:27 year old Dominican male gunned down in broad daylight, danny depaula killed in tci, fourth dominican killed this year in provo
ChargesOn Monday, March 5th, a 19-year-old male was arrested and charged in relation to a Burglary report. The man who remains in Police custody is scheduled to appear before the Magistrates Court on March 19TH, 2018. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#TurksandCaicos, March 6, 2018 – Providenciales –ArrestsA man was arrested on South Caicos on Saturday, March 3rd, 2018, for the offence of wounding in connection with a report made to Police. The man was granted bail in the sum of USD$2000 and scheduled to return to the Police Station on South Caicos on March 7TH, 2018.A 39-year-old woman of Five Cays was arrested on Monday, March 5th, 2018 on suspicion of theft of USD$3000, at a major grocery store on Providenciales. The woman was granted bail in the amount USD$3500. Related Items: Burglary Police are investigating a Burglary that took place at a home in Blue Hills on March 2nd, 2018. The complainant reported to police that upon arriving at home he noticed two black flat screens and personal items missing.Police in South Caicos is investigating a Burglary that was reported on March 1st, 2018. Stolen were five packs of Peal and Seal and 19 pieces of wood. Value Unknown.Providenciales Police are investigating an Aggravated Burglary that took place on Monday, March 5th, 2018. The victim who was held up by gunpoint in her Kew Town home was robbed of her handbag, iPhone 8 valued USD$1000, Black Samsung valued USD$250, three passports, other identification cards and cash. The incident took place around 8:00 p.m. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Accident The Royal Turks and Caicos Islands Police Traffic Department is investigating a two-car collision that took place on Monday, March 5th, 2018 on Paradise Road, Cooper Jack around 5:30 p.m. The silver Toyota Harrier received total damages, while the Honda Civic Ferio car received frontal damages. Both drivers were taken to Cheshire Hall Medical Centre for treatment.Release: RTCIPF
The survey was conducted between September 2010 and May 2011, generating 2,095 responses. This week alone, Ziff Davis Enterprise announced it will replace its three remaining print magazines with digital editions in 2012 and Hanley Wood president and CEO Frank Anton indicated that more magazine closures are likely in his organization, yet a new study from Readex Research suggests that the group of professionals it surveyed are still heavily invested in print (even if that includes printing out a digital format). While 77 percent of respondents say they use search engines regularly in their work, 74 percent say they use print editions of magazines and e-newsletters. Websites were the third most used media (55 percent) with digital editions close behind (54 percent). Other regular media usage included webinars, podcasts and video (49 percent), conferences/trade shows/industry events (43 percent) and websites of suppliers vendors (36 percent). Just 30 percent of respondents say they regularly use social media for work. “With many advertisers feeling they have to ‘place their bets’ with certain media offerings, it became clear that helping publishers illustrate how the market uses media would help their sales efforts,” says Steve Blom, director of sales and marketing at Readex Research. The results help publishers prove to advertisers-whose ideas regarding usage may be terribly wrong-that professionals haven’t replaced one media form with another.”
Bob Daemmrich for The Texas TribuneU.S. Sen. Ted Cruz meets with Austin-area home schoolers on August 4, 2018.As Ted Cruz took questions at a Republican women’s event here Saturday evening, Bastrop retiree Ronnie Ann Burt wanted to know: Should she really trust the growing barrage of chatter online that the senator’s re-election bid is in peril?Cruz’s response: Believe it.“It’s clear we have a real and contested race where the margin is far too close for comfort,” said Cruz, who’s facing a vigorous, massively funded challenge from U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke, D-El Paso.Cruz’s stop in this small Central Texas town was part of a return to the campaign trail Saturday in which the incumbent cranked up his long-building warnings that Democratic enthusiasm in the era of President Donald Trump should not be discounted, even in a state as red as Texas.The timing couldn’t have been more fitting: A trio of polls came out this week showing Cruz’s race tightening and a national political forecaster shifted the contest in O’Rourke’s favor. Meanwhile, Cruz launched his first TV ads Friday, including three targeting O’Rourke, and the challenger moved quickly to turn them into a fundraising boon for him.Appearing Saturday afternoon at the conservative Resurgent Gathering in Austin, Cruz delivered a nearly 10-minute assessment of the uncertain political landscape he faces in November.“The biggest challenge I have in this race … is complacency,” Cruz said. “People say all the time, ‘Oh, come on, it’s a Texas re-elect. How could you possibly lose?’ Well, in an ordinary cycle, that might be true. But this is not an ordinary cycle. The far left is filled with anger and rage and we underestimate that anger at our peril.”Cruz added that there is reason to be skeptical of the polls — his campaign has criticized their methodologies — but the trendline “ought to be a cause for concern for everyone.”After the Resurgent conference, Cruz headed to a meeting with supporters and home school families in east Austin, where he continued to press the argument that the GOP base cannot take November for granted. Cruz said Travis County was the “base of the support” for O’Rourke but other “bright red” counties like Denton, Tarrant and Collin need to turn out hard as a counterweight.“There are a lot of good, strong conservatives [in Travis County] too — you’re outnumbered, but it does make you sturdier when you’re withstanding criticism and abuse,” Cruz said. “What [Democrats] are doing is to find every liberal in the state of Texas and get them energized and get them to show up.”Cruz’s remarks at events Saturday came a day after Gov. Greg Abbott offered a more reassuring forecast for November while addressing the Resurgentconference. He dismissed the idea of a “blue wave” in November as media hype that “sells papers” and reminded the audience that he ended up defeating his much-ballyhooed Democratic opponent, Wendy Davis, by over 20 points in 2014.“Texas is going to stay red,” said Abbott, whose Democratic opponent, Lupe Valdez, has not caught traction in the way O’Rourke has against Cruz.Cruz did not sound as sure as Abbott on Saturday — and his supporters appeared to get the message.“I think what Sen. Cruz said is true: The Democrats are unhappy that they lost [the 2016 presidential election] because they never anticipated it, and so they’re coming out in force, and I see it in my own county,” said Jeanne Raley, vice president of the Lost Pines Republican Women group that hosted Cruz in Smithville. “That just means we have to work harder.”“Complacency will kill any of us,” she added.O’Rourke spent Saturday in the border city of Del Rio, the latest stop on his 34-day tour of the state during the August congressional recess. Holding an evening town hall there, O’Rourke geared up supporters for a final three months of the race with momentum on their side.“They say there are two points that separate us, the campaign we’re running and Ted Cruz — two points is all we’re down right now,” O’Rourke said. “There are 94 days to go in this election. We can totally win this, but it is 100 percent on us.”O’Rourke’s campaign continued to show momentum Saturday afternoon, when it said it had raised more than $500,000 over the last 24 hours in response to Cruz’s commercials. The campaign has set a goal of topping $1 million by the end of the weekend.Cruz got a taste of the opposition several minutes into his appearance at the Resurgent Gathering, when a protester interrupted with a sign reading, “Russian Bootlicker,” called Cruz a coward and used an expletive to denounce the crowd before breaking out in chants of “Beto!” Speaking afterward, Cruz wasted little time turning the incident into a rallying point for the fall.“That anger, by the way, is dangerous,” Cruz said. “Every one of us needs to be taking this November election deadly serious.”Sydney Greene contributed to this report. Share
Come August and Monsoons shall turn magical in Kolkata, as the city gears up to host the third edition of Monologues, India’s only solo arts festival. The festival, hosted by Phreedom4Ever, an organisation led by Chaity Ghosh, that envisages cultural excellence, is the brainchild of popular elocutionist and theatre actor Sujoy Prosad Chatterjee. Being the only annual solo arts fiesta in the country, the forum has witnessed performances by stalwarts like Chapal Bhaduri (India’s last living female impersonator in performing arts), Saoli Mitra(the legendary actress and daughter of theatre maestro Shambhu Mitra), Mahabanoo Mody Kotwal, Bijoylakshmi Barman and many others over the last two years. The 2014 edition of Monologues shall kick off on 3 August at Swissotel with a solo by Mita Vashisht, who is an internationally acclaimed film personality. This is the first time that Mita shall present a theatrical performance in Kolkata and her act for the evening is called Weekend, a part of the very famous Teen Ekaant by novelist and activist Nirmal Verma, a noted figure in the Indian literary circles. Sujoy has always brought performances out of proscenium to alternative spaces and this festival endorses that. Also Read – ‘Playing Jojo was emotionally exhausting’Monologues 2014 showcases The Solo Room, the youth- section of the festival, on 9 August at Tantra, The Park as a matinee performance. Infact, Monologues is the only national arts festival that has a special segment dedicated to the youth and the arts. The Solo Room begins with an original dramatic act by Soumya Mukherjee, a very popular youth actor and the founder of M.A.D., a key youth-theatre player in Kolkata. Next on the cards shall be a musical solo by Kabir Chattopadhyay, who will entrance the audience with a whole lot western retro. The final act for the evening is a session of original lyrics and songs by the iconic music composer and vocalist Neel Adhikari. The finale of Monologues 2014 shall be on 10 August at Tollygunge Club. The evening begins with a solo comedy by much-admired media personality Anubhav Pal. What follows is a contemporary dance solo by internationally famous contemporary danseuse Paramita Saha, who shall revisit issues of gender construction through her performance. The crowning act shall be by the legendary Indian theatre personality and activist Usha Ganguly, who shall be premiering her new play Rozana, a monologue inspired by works of Franca Rame and Dario Fo. Going solo becomes an expression of a trajectory of emotions that sums up life and art. No wonder, this solo arts carnival has become the nation’s delight.