Education Minister tours schools this week Education Minister touts new ICT platform for Public Schools Ministry of Education introduces pilot program Related Items:akierra missick, HJ robinson high school, school resume Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 04 Feb 2016 – A report from the Public Works Department is expected by the end of the week after inspection on Wednesday of the damage at the HJ Robinson High school; a fire gutted the top floor of the Administration Block. The assessment led by the Deputy Premier, Hon Akierra Missick was emotional and the Education Minister said her heart goes out to all directly affected by the January 29th fire. Along with furniture and fixtures, computers and the actual structure being damaged – years and years of students’ records were lost in the blaze which erupted around 3am. HJ did not reopen this morning; instead the advice is for school to resume for the 350 students on Monday February 8, 2016. The structural report to come from Public Works will say what is needed for the design and costing; then the job will go to tender. Minister Missick reiterated that government is committed to begin reconstruction as soon as possible; the DP also cautioned, however, that it took some time to amass these structural and educational assets of the Helena Jones Robinson High school; one of the country’s oldest institutions.
Fabinho insists he is enjoying Life at Liverpool and after turning down the offer to join Paris Saint-Germain.The Brazilian has become a mainstay in the Reds starting line-up and has played a pivotal role in their title ambition despite a slow start.Fabinho joined Liverpool from Monaco in a £44m deal last summer but was linked with a return to France with Paris Saint Germain in November.“I never thought of going elsewhere,” Fabinho told L’Equipe and cited via Sky.PSG ultras sent a warning letter to Neymar Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Brazilian superstar Neymar might play today his first game of the season for Paris Saint-Germain and the team’s ultras have warned him.“I know a lot of things were written in the newspapers, but it wasn’t true. What’s funny is that this PSG loan story came out just before our Champions League match [on November 28].“I had already experienced a similar story the day before the Coupe de la Ligue final between PSG and Monaco [in March 2018]. It’s a strange coincidence, isn’t it?”“If I had to sign at PSG, it’s the year before it could have been done,” Fabinho added.“They were very interested, I talked a lot with Antero Henrique [PSG’s sporting director] and the club’s leaders, but it didn’t work. The year after, I did not wait for them and then I thought it was time to leave France.”
The survey was conducted between September 2010 and May 2011, generating 2,095 responses. This week alone, Ziff Davis Enterprise announced it will replace its three remaining print magazines with digital editions in 2012 and Hanley Wood president and CEO Frank Anton indicated that more magazine closures are likely in his organization, yet a new study from Readex Research suggests that the group of professionals it surveyed are still heavily invested in print (even if that includes printing out a digital format). While 77 percent of respondents say they use search engines regularly in their work, 74 percent say they use print editions of magazines and e-newsletters. Websites were the third most used media (55 percent) with digital editions close behind (54 percent). Other regular media usage included webinars, podcasts and video (49 percent), conferences/trade shows/industry events (43 percent) and websites of suppliers vendors (36 percent). Just 30 percent of respondents say they regularly use social media for work. “With many advertisers feeling they have to ‘place their bets’ with certain media offerings, it became clear that helping publishers illustrate how the market uses media would help their sales efforts,” says Steve Blom, director of sales and marketing at Readex Research. The results help publishers prove to advertisers-whose ideas regarding usage may be terribly wrong-that professionals haven’t replaced one media form with another.”
Why Shah Rukh Khan’s movies are getting flopped at box office.Varinder ChawlaShah Rukh Khan is one of the biggest superstars of India, who not only has a huge fan base in the country, but across the globe. However, the actor’s movies have not been doing well at the box office lately.Although Shah Rukh’s films still take huge opening at the box office, none of the recent movies could create the desired impact at the commercial circuits. In fact, most of his recent films ended up being flop at the box office.His last two films – Jab Harry Met Sejal and Zero were highly anticipated movies as those had strong star cast and were helmed by popular directors. But both the movies failed to impress the audience, and hence, flopped at the box office.Trade analyst, Sumit Kadel in a video put forward a number of reasons that according to him, are responsible for Shah Rukh’s movies going flop at the box office.First, Shah Rukh has been doing high budget experimental movies like Fan and Zero. He feels that such experimental films die at the box office after making a limited earning of around Rs 80 to 100 crore. Sumit said that as SRK has invested too much money on such films, these ended up being flop despite making decent collection. He stated that Fan had a budget of around Rs 90 crore, and Zero was made on Rs 150 crore.Secondly, Sumit feels that the audience is now tired of seeing Shah Rukh in romantic roles. Zero was expected to present him in a different light, but he was again seen romancing Anushka Sharma’s character in the film. He feels the audience does not want to see him in the same old romantic avatar anymore.Thirdly, the trade expert said that wrong kind of directors are being given the responsibility to direct wrong kind of films. He said that most of Shah Rukh recent movies have been directed by people, who are not known for making such films. They have been taken out of their comfort zone in a bid to direct the superstar’s films. Sumit said that light-comedy directors like Maneesh Sharma was given a complex film like Fan, Aanand L Rai was given Zero, which was opposite to his usual genre. Shah Rukh Khan as Bauua Singh in ZeroTwitterThe trade analyst then spoke about the release dates of the King Khan’s films. SRK’s movies are not being released on good dates, and are often clashing with other big movies, he said.Sumit further said that the audience’s faith in Shah Rukh’s movies has come down after repeated flops. His films witness massive occupancy because of his huge fan base, but the collection subsides after the weekend as the word of mouth remains bad.Talking about the corrective measures the superstar should take, Sumit said that he should start choosing more commercial and universally appealing movies. And even if SRK wants to do experimental films, he should restrict the cost of production to around Rs 40 crore.Sumit also said that it is high time that Shah Rukh works with big film-makers like Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Rajkumar Hirani and Karan Johar.
The Bombay High Court on Friday asked Nestle India and the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) to retest Maggi samples, raising hopes of some relief for the popular noodles maker. “Both the parties may consider retesting the fourth part of Maggi samples in 5 labs that both agree to,” CNBC-TV18 quoted the court as saying.In its argument, Nestle had told the court that it “had retained 750 crates of Maggi noodles.”Nestle India share was trading at Rs 6,325, up almost Rs 24, or 0.26%, at 3 pm on Friday at the Bombay Stock Exchange.On 5 June, the food safety regulator had ordered Nestle India to recall all available stocks of Maggi noodles after finding harmful levels of lead and monosodium glutamate (MSG) in tested samples.The Maharashtra State FDA had said that it “cannot consent to re-testing the samples retained by Nestle as it is apprehensive that the samples could be doctored.”The company had filed a case in the court challenging the ban imposed by the FSSAI on its flagship brand Maggi.Recently, the court has allowed the company to export Maggi noodles, currently banned in several states in the country.The next hearing of the case will be on 3 August.Following a ban on its popular Maggi noodles, Nestle India has witnessed its first quarterly loss in 17 years.The company posted a loss of Rs 64.4 crore in the June 2015 quarter compared to a profit of Rs 288 crore in the same period last year.Experts believe that issues related to Maggi noodles recall and ban are likely to be settled in the coming three to six months.
JSM Corp Ltd, which has Hard Rock CafÃ© franchisee in India, is planning to raise Rs. 200 crore from private equity investors. The funds raised would be used to expand the number of outlets and bring in more international brands.The company, which also runs popular restaurant chains California Pizza Kitchen and Shiro in India, is considering fund raising by older investors selling their shares. Lodha Capital Markets is acting as the company’s adviser. As part of the company’s expansion plans, JSM would launch popular Chinese food chain Panda Express in India by August 2016, the Mint reported.”About Rs. 150 crore will be raised primarily from new investors, while Rs. 50 crore will be a secondary transaction where the legacy investors will be brought over,” Jay Sing, co-founder and executive director of JSM, was quoted as saying by the publication.JSM Corp was founded by Jay Singh and Sanjay Mahtani in 2004. Some of the other brands of the company are The Big Kahuna, Ginger Tiger, dessert chain Pinkberry, street-food chain Plus91 and Asilo, which is a rooftop bar in Mumbai, according to the company’s website. Singh and Mahtani together hold 55 percent stake in JSM Corp, while the rest is owned by other investors.Azim Premji’s private equity arm, PremjiInvest, acquired 22 percent stake in JSM for about Rs. 150 crore four years ago. The same PE firm may put in additional funds, Singh was quoted as saying by the Mint.A report by consulting firm Grant Thornton India and the Federation of Indian Chambers and Commerce Industry (FICCI) said the Indian food and beverage industry will expand at a pace of 24 percent every year to reach Rs. 3.8 trillion in sales by March 2017.[1 lakh = 100,000 | 1 crore = 10 million | 100 crore = 1 billion]
Manish Dixit with celebsPR HandoutManish Dixit, who is director of YS Events, has worked hard to popularise Guru Randhawa, Badshah, Neha Kakkar and many other celebs from Bollywood and International artists.Manish Dixit founded YS Events, an Artist Management Company in 2004. He has been on this journey for about 15 years down the road and doing impeccable. His company has a notable reputation built over the period of five years in serving the national and international clients with the quality of work and total commitment to satisfying each and every client.Manish has worked day and night to reach such heights, to establish this brand at such a remarkable place. His company has done enormous events with almost all artists from Bollywood and Punjabi Music Industry including Guru Randhawa, Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz, Kamal Khan, Badshah, Neha Kakkar, Hardy Sandhu, Ayushmaan Khurana etc.He has also worked with International artists like Alan Walker,Jay Sean,Silento, Sean Kingston and many more.The company also does shows with Bollywood actors as well, they have done more than 4,500 events in and around India.They have worked with big music labels like Sony Music, T-Series, Speed Records. Manish Dixit has proven everyone that he is a very skilled individual who has the capacity to do great things with life and he continues to make us proud as he faces new challenges and adventures everyday!
As it turns out someone with some serious skills also wanted that. Cesar Herada, a researcher who has formerly been associated with Ushahidi and MIT’s Senseable City Lab, has created the Protei oil-spill cleaning drone. The Protei oil-spill cleaning drone is designed to be a semi-autonomously device that can sail into the sea and scoop up the oil in a spill, leaving the oil in the container and the water in the ocean. How is this accomplished? With the help of powerful oil-sucking booms that are built into the device. The oil-sucking boom is detachable, and each one is able to hold up to two tons of crude oil per trip. The advantage to using one of these devices is that no humans have to be exposed to toxic substances in order to clean up the mess. © 2010 PhysOrg.com (PhysOrg.com) — Oil spills represent a significant danger to the oceans of the world. Many of us watched the DeepWater Horizon Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico and wished that there was a simple way to clean it up. Citation: Cesar Herada designs oil sucking drones to help clean the seas after a spill (2011, April 12) retrieved 18 August 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2011-04-cesar-herada-oil-drones-seas.html Explore further More information: sites.google.com/a/opensailing.net/protei/ The Protei drones are also able to be modified for other types of disasters. In the future modified versions of the Protei drones may possibly be sent in to detect the levels of radiation in water supplies, or to collect samples of other potentially polluted waters. The designers have also mentioned that there may be some commercial uses for the Protei drones as well, but they did not give any specifics on this point. Clean-up tools may help protect wetlands from Gulf of Mexico oil spill The best part is that Protei is an Open Source Hardware project. This means that its design will be available to the public, so it can be built by anyone. The remote controlled Protei is relatively inexpensive to produce and inflatable. This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.