Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Topics : The club added that all their staff had been informed of the government guidelines, which include one piece of exercise a day and to restrict oneself to social interaction with just those of the household.”Everton has regularly stressed the importance of following all the government guidelines — including rules and advice for inside and outside of the home — through a series of official communications to all staff members, including players,” the club said.”The amazing people in the NHS deserve the utmost respect for their hard work and sacrifice. The best way to show them respect is by doing everything we can to protect them.”Kean, signed for £24 million ($29.7 million) from Juventus last year, is one of several Premier League players to be held to account for breaking the guidelines.Manchester City and England defender Kyle Walker reportedly broke lockdown rules by hosting a party involving two sex workers.Tottenham’s Ivory Coast defender Serge Aurier and French midfielder Moussa Sissoko apologized for training together despite the coronavirus restrictions.Their manager Jose Mourinho “accepted his actions were not in line with protocol” after being pictured holding a one-on-one training session in a park with midfielder Tanguy Ndombele. Everton said they are “appalled” at one of their players widely reported to be Italian international Moise Kean hosting a house party contravening the social distancing measures recommended by the British government due to the coronavirus pandemic.The 20-year-old striker filmed himself hosting the party, the Daily Mirror reported.The Mirror says Kean sent video clips to a private Snapchat group, with the footage showing female guests giving lap dances. The caption on one picture was labeled ‘quarantine clean’.Everton issued a statement expressing their fury at the player’s actions — they did not name Kean — on a day when the death toll in hospitals in the United Kingdom passed the 20,000 mark.”Everton are appalled to learn of an incident in which a first-team player ignored government guidance and club policy in relation to the coronavirus crisis,” read the club statement.”The club has strongly expressed its disappointment to the player and made it clear that such actions are completely unacceptable.”
MANILA – The Senate has unanimously approved on second reading the measure that would extend the validity of the unspent money under the 2019 national budget until next year. Sen. Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara said that his colleagues have unanimously voted the one year extension of the validity of some portion of this year’s budget, which was only signed on April 15. “As of Sept. 30 this year, a little more than P261 billion of the people’s money – that has already been programmed but has yet to be released – could lapse if our bill does not pass muster,” Angara said. “By the time the GAA was signed, the election ban on construction of infrastructure projects also kicked in, “so in effect, for six months we were operating on a reenacted budget,” added the chairman of the Senate Committee on Finance. Angara further explained: “Wala tayong bagong budget kaya yung mga bagong proyekto, hindi naumpisahan. That’s why we want to extend ‘yung validity nung 2019 budget,” President Rodrigo Duterte’s Executive Order No. 91 or the implementation of the cash-based budgeting system, provides that appropriations for capital outlay and maintenance and other operating expenses for 2019 “shall be valid for obligation until Dec. 31, 2019. This means that all unutilized appropriations for 2019 will lapse and revert to the National Treasury unless Congress authorizes the extension of its validity and availability./PN
FYRISH Primary school defeated Albion Back Primary school by five runs in the final of the Sueria Manufacturing Inc. Inter Primary School Windball Cricket Competition, organized by the Albion Community Centre Cricket Club.Played last Thursday at the Albion Community Centre Ground, Fyrish Primary won the toss and elected to bat first. They rattled up 69 for 5 off their allotted 8 overs, with Asafa Poyer hitting 36 and Hemendra Deonarine 17. Albion Back Primary then responded with 65 for 4 from their 8 overs with Chrisendat Sarju hitting 29 and Shaeed Persaud 20.The competition was played on a round robin basis among the five Primary Schools within the Lower Corentyne area. Gibralter, Fyrish, Cropper, Albion Back and Belvedere Primary were the participating schools.This competition over the years has been used as part of the Albion Community Centre Cricket Club’s effort to attract young cricketers to the Club. Top Albion cricketers such as Veerasammy Permaul, Gudakesk Motie, Johnathan Foo and Kandasammy Surujnarine among others have graduated from this competition.Earlier in the day, Fyrish Primary continued their unbeaten run with their fourth win in the competition to secure their place in the final, while Albion Back defeated Gibralter Primary by 4 wickets on their way to the final.In the other matches played, there were also two wins for Belvedere Primary and one win for Cropper Primary, while Gibralter Primary was the only team that failed to secure a win in the competition.At the presentation ceremony which followed, Lloyd Kanden – president of the Albion Community Centre Cricket Club, commended the five Primary Schools for their participation and extended special congratulations to Fyrish Primary for winning the competition and more so, for the first time.He also expressed gratitude to the Managing Director of Sueria Manufacturing Inc., Mr. Frank Sanichara, a former Albion cricketer for coming on board to partner with the club in this important competition.Also speaking at the presentation ceremony were Community Development Officer of Albion/Port Mourant Estate, Mr. Orvin Mangru and Sales Representative of Sueria Manufacturing Inc., Mr. James Cambell.Mangru encouraged the youngsters present to join the historic Albion Community Centre Cricket Club which he claimed is among the best cricket club in Guyana and the Caribbean as a whole. He also urged them to focus on their education.Campbell thanked the Albion Community Centre Cricket Club for organizing the competitions and disclosed that his company was very much delighted to be part of the competition and more so to get the involvement of youths. He also commended the five Primary School for their participation and he congratulated Fyrish Primary for winning the final and for playing unbeaten in the competition.The winning team received a beautiful trophy and cash incentive while the runner-up team also received a trophy and cash incentive.Asafa Poyer received a trophy for being the man-of-the-match in the final;he scored 36 runs and captured 1 wicket for 10 runs from his allotted two overs for Fyrish Primary.Damion Cecil of Belvedere Primary carted off the batsman of the competition award with 155 runs from 4 games. Quinston Glasgow of Fyrish Primary was the best bowler of the competition with 6 wickets and his teammate Javes Glasgow was judged the most valuable player of the competition with 55 runs and 6 wickets.